Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Change It Up!
Change It Up! brings bystander intervention skills to the University of Michigan community for the purpose of building inclusive, respectful and safe communities. It is based on a nationally recognized four-stage bystander intervention model that helps individuals intervene in situations that negatively impact individuals, organizations, and the campus community.
You will learn to:
- Identify self-awareness and social responsibility as qualities of strong personal leadership
- Discuss your own and others’ identities and experiences
- Determine the various options for effectively intervening during a negative situation
- Develop your ability to assess which intervention option is based on the situation
- Discuss and practice how to leverage bystander intervention skills within their campus communities
You will benefit by:
- Receiving high impact learning through educational theater
- Increasing your motivation to intervene in harmful situations
- Gaining ability to assess the effectiveness of multiple options for intervention
- Expanding your skills and confidence to successfully intervene in harmful situations
The content in this program has been used for student groups across campus, and is now being offered for University of Michigan faculty and staff. Through the use of educational theater, Change it Up! Provides opportunities for participants to discuss and practice how to leverage bystander intervention skills within their campus communities.
Any staff or faculty member wanting to learn bystander intervention for the purpose of building inclusive, respectful, and safe communities
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) with the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Unique Name
- Unit Name
- Date of Course
Pre-registration with a shortcode is required as there is a $50 cancellation/no show fee. If you attend the course, or arrange for someone to attend in your place, your department will not be charged. Pre-registration is required and capacity varies depending on the size of the room.