You are hereHome › Wellness Center
NCRC Wellness Center
The Wellness Center is a resource to help promote greater health and wellness at NCRC. This is accomplished by offering fitness and strength training machines, MHealthy Classes and multiple Wellness Programs.
On October 1st, the NCRC Wellness Center began charging a $10 monthly membership fee.
This monthly fee will enable NCRC and MHealthy to continue this amenity, as well as upgrade our facility services to include towels for the showers and a water cooler in the equipment room.
The first 500 people to sign-up will receive an NCRC Wellness Center BPA free water bottle. You may pick up your water bottle at the NCRC Mcard Office.
This will not impact your access to MHealthy classes held at NCRC.
New members will receive a trial period, the first month of your NCRC Wellness Center membership will be free!
If you have already created an account for MHealthy classes, you will use the same user name and password to log-in and purchase your NCRC Wellness Center membership.
Please allow 1 business day for your badge to be activated.
As of October 1st, orientations are now completed online as part of your membership process.
MHealthy classes membership and payments are in no way affiliated with the NCRC Wellness Center membership and payments. You do not have to be a NCRC Wellness Center member to access MHealthy classes held at NCRC. The $10.00 monthly fee is for use of the NCRC Wellness Center only and separate from any payments towards MHealthy classes you may sign-up for.
Eligible Wellness Center Members:
- UMHS Faculty or Staff
- University NCRC Occupants
- NCRC Accelerator Occupants
- NCRC Bosch Occupants
- NCRC Honda Occupants
- NCRC Lycera Occupants
- NCRC VA Occupants
- U-M Traverwood Occupants
- NCAC Occupants
- The membership fee is $10.00 a month.
- The first month of membership will be free for any new member.
- A credit/debit card is the only acceptable method of payment.
- A re-occurring automatic monthly payment of $10.00 will take effect at the start of the second month of membership until membership is canceled.
- Membership may be canceled at any time. Please note that once the membership is charged at the beginning of the month, the member will remain active through the end of the month. There are no refunds or partial refunds given. The member must cancel at least one business day prior to the end of the month to avoid charges for the subsequent month.
- There are two methods of canceling a membership: email the NCRC MCard office at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting your membership to be canceled, or visit the NCRC MCard office in person and request your membership to be canceled. Note, NCRC Wellness Center memberships can only be canceled at the NCRC MCard office, other MCard offices are not able to process your cancellation.
- Members are required to renew their ParQ and Liability forms annually, 365 days from initial sign-up.
The Wellness Center is located in Building 16, Basement. MHealthy classes are located in the Building 16, Basement, Room B-017N exercise room, along with lockers and showers. Click here for Map.
The Wellness Center is open every day, 5:00AM - 9:00PM.
To reserve equipemt on Schedulon click here
Need assistance with a weight or cardio machine in the NCRC Wellness Center? Have questions about an MHealthy program, such as personal training or Active U? Look no further! MHealthy Physical Activity Specialists will be on site most Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00AM – 1:00PM to help answer any exercise related questions or general MHealthy questions. Specialists can be found in the NCRC Wellness Center or room 16/B-034C.
- Physical activity
- Weight management
- Ergonomics awareness
- Tobacco cessation
- Mental and emotional health
There are over 1,300 six month combination assignment lockers located outside of the shower rooms and approximately 60 token operated daily use lockers.
Valuable items left behind in the Wellness Center for example; watches, wallets and money should be turned into Post 1 (734) 764-9000 if the person can identify what is being retrieved the items will be released to that person. To follow up on valuable items please email email@example.com to inquire. Non–valuable items will be held for one week, if not claimed they will be disposed of. MCARD’s should be turned into the MCARD station located in Bldg. 18 room G018 at NCRC.
If interested in a six month assignment locker please email a request including your name and UMID# to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule your chair massage at 734-232-5029
NCRC Chair Massage Dates for 2015 (10:30AM - 4:00PM) in Building 16, Room B-001E
- Jan 5
- Feb 2
- March 2
- April 6
- May 4
- June 1
- July 6
Massage Therapy questions or comments:
Massage therapy has long been recognized as a complementary approach to treating pain, muscle tightness and fatigue. We are pleased to be able to offer this compassionate service to our community.
Scientific research indicates massage can:
- Decrease anxiety
- Improve sleep
- Ease post-operative pain
- Lower blood pressure
- Relieve back pain
- Boost immune system
- Relieve tension headaches
- Reduce side effects of medications
Please contact Maryellen LeBlanc: email@example.com: (734) 764-0587