You are hereHome › ncrc-facilities-services-preparation-2012-season-days
NCRC Facilities & Services 2012 Season Days
Building Access - For December 25 - January 2, NCRC security operations will be in effect as if it was a weekend, meaning there will be no persons stationed at the building 16, 18, 100, and 520 visitor entrances during that time. Occupants with badge access will be able to enter as normal. Any guests will need to use the security call-boxes to gain access unless escorted by an NCRC occupant. If there is an issue you can call onsite security at 734-764-9000. University department of public safety can be reached at 734-763-1131.
Energy Conservation - The site will be operating in an energy save mode, meaning normally unoccupied areas will have heating and cooling scaled back accordingly. This should not affect occupied areas. If there is a building problem or temperature issue, please place a work order through the plant operations website, http://www.recycle.umich.edu/workcontrol/plant_order_service/, or call 734-647-2059.
Custodial Service - will be minimal during this time with periodic maintenance of restrooms and trash pickup in central locations and break areas. Please try to drop any trash in these bins supplied around the site. Call POCC at 734-647-2059 if any areas need additional attention.
Snow Removal Service - will also be minimized during this time. Try to use the main site entrances of buildings 18 and 520 in the event of a heavy snow. These will be cleared first along with service areas that need extended access. Use caution when walking on any surface as conditions can change quickly. Call POCC at 734-647-2059 if any areas need additional attention.
Mail Service - The NCRC loading dock will be manned on December 26th, 27th and 28th. Security will not be manning post 90 (the dock) through these three days. Courier, freight, cylinder tanks, ice deliveries or any other's should be prearranged. NCRC staff will not be responsible for signing for any type of deliveries during this time. Make any necessary arrangements with couriers as needed. If prearrange deliverers are made, make sure someone from your area is here and available to sign for packages. We also advise you hault ordering of perishables until after the season days break.
The last day for University mail pickup and delivery will be December 21 and will resume on January 2.
USPS will be delivered and picked up on December 26th, 27th and 28th daily as well. The Central Service Center will be opened from 7:00am – 4:30pm on on December 26th, 27th and 28th as well.
For autoclaving, glasswashing or mail services during these three days, please send any inquires to the following email address NCRClabservices@umich.edu.
Mcard Station - will be closed 12/24/2012 - 1/1/2013. Returning 1/2/2013
Eastside Flavors - (formerly Opus One Cafe) will be closed 12/22/2012 - 1/2/2013. Returning 1/3/2013
Building 100, 200, 300, 400
• Wednesday, 12/26 - The heating hot water as well as the hot water and cold water serving sinks, restrooms, janitor closets, etc. for buildings 100 through 400 will be turned off from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to make repairs. Please arrange to use resources located in Building 520.
• Monday, 12/24, Wednesday 12/26, Thursday 12/27, Friday 12/28, Monday 12/31 - Replacement of heating/cooling airflow devices (located above the ceilings) in 5 locations on the 2nd floor of building 16 from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Building 10, 20E, 23, 25, 30, & 60
• Thursday, 12/27 - The hot and cold water serving sinks, restrooms, janitor closets, etc. will be turned off from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. to make repairs.
Building 14, 90
• Thursday, 12/27 - The hot water serving sinks, restrooms, janitor closets, etc. will be turned off from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. to make repairs.
• Friday, 12/28 - Compressed air piping will be replaced. The purpose of this work is to separate building 20E from buildings 10, 14, 16, 26, 30, 35, and 36 in preparation of the upcoming 20E renovation project. During this time only 20E should be affected, however, there may be some momentary heating/cooling airflow outages. This work will be performed 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Monday 12/31 - Domestic hot water serving the ground floor of NCRC Building 20 West will be turned off from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in order to make repairs. This shut off will affect the toilet rooms, glass wash, janitor closet, lab sinks, etc., but the domestic cold water will remain available.